All plumbing systems must past a series of third-party tests and evaluations to be used in homes and businesses. There are a number of national and international associations, as well as insurance companies that subject piping to various tests in order to advise end users on what materials and products are considered safe and reliable.
FlowGuard® CPVC is often recognized as one of the safest, most reliable piping systems available. Our material meets or exceeds the safety, performance and quality assurance requirements of key international approval agencies, including:
- Saudi Arabian Standard Organization (SASO)
- ASTM International
- NSF International
- Fire (ex- CRECEP)
- Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS)
- British Standards (BSi)
These key international agencies have developed different standards and approvals for manufacturing CPVC, performance and installation, many of which FlowGuard CPVC satisfies.
Manufacturing standards ensure your plumbing pipes are properly fabricated and safe to use. Our material is manufactured to the following standards:
- ASTM D1784: Specification for Rigid Poly(Vinyl Chloride) Compounds and Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Compounds.
- ASTM F437: Standard Specification for Threaded Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule 80.
- ASTM F439: Standard Specification for Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Plastic Pipe Fittings, Schedule 80.
- ASTM F441: Standard Specification for Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Plastic Pipe, Schedules 40 & 80.
- ASTM F2855: Standard for CPVC/Al/CPVC.
- EN ISO 15877: Plastics piping systems for hot and cold water installations – Chlorinated poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-C).
Performance Standards and Approvals
Performance standards and approvals are given to piping materials that meet the requirements or expectations of certain performance levels. FlowGuard pipes and fittings meet the following:
- ASTM F493: Standard Specification for Solvent Cements for Chlorinated Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (CPVC) Plastic Pipe and Fittings.
- ASTM F656: Standard Specification for Primers for Use in Solvent Cement Joints in Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Plastic Pipe and Fittings.
- NSF Standard 14: Plastic Piping Components and Related Materials.
- NSF Standard 61: Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects.
A piping system is only as reliable as its installation. These standards ensure a long service life and safe operation of FlowGuard Pipe and Fittings.
- ASTM D2855: Standard Practice for Making Solvent Cemented Joints and Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Pipe and Fittings.
- ASTM F402: Standard Practice for Safe Handling of Solvent Cements, Primers, and Cleaners Used for Joining Thermoplastic Pipe and Fittings.
Adhering to codes are critical to the engineering and installation of plumbing systems. These codes offer recommended regulations that address performance of plumbing and mechanical systems.
- UPC, Uniform Plumbing Code
- UMC, Uniform Mechanical Code
- IBC, International Building, Mechanical and Plumbing Code
Want to Learn More About FlowGuard Pipe and Fittings, Approvals and Standards?
We want to make sure you get the support and information you need for your project. If you have any questions about FlowGuard CPVC pipe and the appropriate approvals, standards and codes, our team of piping system consultants is ready to talk. Contact to TCG team